Will we see YOU there?
It’s BACK!!! The Aurora Farmers Market reopens for the 2017 season tomorrow from 9:00AM – 1:00PM.
Due to the extra-wet spring season that has “sogged” the Wells softball field, we are temporarily relocating the market to the Wells College Boathouse lawn. Just look for the Farmers Market flutter flags, sandwichboard signs, and product signs along Route 90. Park in the boathouse parking lot – which will be for market patrons only on Saturday morning – and come on down the driveway to the boathouse and join the fun! New (hopefully temporary) location – same great experience.
At the moment, these are the returning vendors whom we know are joining us this week:
- Gimme Waffles will be back, serving up fresh-cooked waffles with sweet and savory topping options. Julie will also offer vegan fudge and toasted marshmallow and cookie sundaes.
- San Pedro Sister Community will be back selling purses and hammocks handmade by artisans in San Pedro, El Salvador (Aurora’s sister community). The volunteers will also be selling Fair Trade coffee (packages of ground Coffee and whole bean), chocolate bars, almonds, and hot cocoa mixes.
New vendors joining our market for the first time:
- Karen Arnink will sell beautifully hand-painted terra cotta pots.
- Delaney’s Aromatherapy will offer handmade personal care products: cosmetics, lotions, creams, sprays, soaps, lip balms, roll-ons, etc.
- Malloryville Pottery will offer assorted handmade pottery: veggie garden markers, leaf soap dishes, Finger Lakes tiles, hanging planters and birdbaths.
- VErduras will sell homegrown field green variety bags (salad bowls), bunches of kale, bags of young turnip greens, a variety of herbs (rosemary, dill, and some mint). They will also offer handmade cards made from original photographs, mostly of flowers from their yard and garden.
There are a number of other approved vendors “waiting in the wings” to join us in future weeks, when their produce comes in. You ain’t seen NOTHIN’ yet!!!
From 10AM – noon, acoustical musical act Nuclear Ukulele plans to attend to provide favorite pop and folk standards in a wide variety of genres.
The Aurora Farmers Market is part of this year’s Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail, and the Trail is kicking off its season with this Spring Fling week. Stop by and enter to win a Farmers Market Goodie Basket, filled with treats from this week’s market vendors. If you buy something from a market vendor, you can also get a free Sweet Treat Trail shopping bag.
The Aurora Farmers Market is a project of the Center for Sustainability and the Environment at Wells College, with additional support from Wells College. The student Farmers Market Manager this season is Melinda “Mel” Pitman.
Come by! Come buy!
LIKE us on Facebook: Aurora Farmers Market